The Top Ten Closet Design Trends for 2018
2018 is bringing some of the most popular and sought-after luxury closet trends that are going to make a huge splash this year!
- Chandeliers : Having a beautiful chandelier in your walk-in is quickly becoming one of the trendiest additions to any luxury home. You can quickly turn a drab, boring closet into a fabulously beautiful space with just the right piece of lightning equipment. Whether you want to go full-glam with sparkles and pendants or conservatively sleek with clean lines, a chandelier adds something a little extra to the room to make it stand apart from the crowd.
- Light and Airy Colors : More and more, we see people moving away from darker, stately colors in favor of lighter and brighter options. White and other lighter colored built-ins have been racing to the top of the popularity lists and are predicted to be a top-seller for 2018. While darker hues such as mahogany and chocolate bring a sense of warmth to a room, lighter colors tend to brighten up the feel of a space and even create the illusion of a larger area.
- Mirrors : Mirrors have a growing presence in the closet. Floor to ceiling mirrors on walls and in-laid mirror on door fronts are among the most popular. Not only do they give a closet a finished look, but they can add a sense of glam and dazzle, bringing your closet up to the next level. Practicality never looked so good!
- Built-In Hampers : A hamper is a necessity for any closet, but having a big basket full of dirty clothes shoved in a corner isn’t doing much for the luxuriousness of your space. That is why the built-in hamper has been one of the most sought after closet additions in recent months. With the hamper door, you have easy-access as well as the pleasure of not having to look at it day in and day out.
- Valet Rods: Another closet accessory that has been steadily growing in popularity is the valet rod: a super simple but life changing closet tool. The valet rod allows you to extend your hanging space temporarily; it’s great for setting out garments for special occasions or as an extra hand when putting away your clothes.
- Dedicated broom closets: Even if this is not directing for closets, can be a practical solution for laundry and even kitchen areas, take a look
- Closet Corners: maximizing a closet’s corners is every bit as challenging as it is rewarding. Optimized correctly, the space in the corner can mean the beginning of a most functional, smart closet design that’s appealing & beautiful, because closet organizers are all about open storage solutions & maximizing those challenging spaces.
- SHOES SHOES SHOES: Shoes are entirely essential in every closet. Trying to capitalize on this, off-the-shelf organization companies are ready to sell you any number of contraptions to add to your closet that claim to wrangle your footwear. It only makes sense that whether you have a massive walk-in boutique-style closetor you’re stuck with a too-small reach-in, shoe storage would be at the top of your priority list. Rather than depending on shoe boxes, racks, or carousels that can waste valuable space in a small closet, give custom design a try. Even in a reach-in closet, a custom arrangement of shelves, hanging rods, drawers, and—yes—shoe shelves will help maximize the space you do have.
- Back Wall Accenting : Anything from paint accents to wallpaper to adhesive wood wall paneling can serve to take your closet to the next level. Adding a color pop or accent behind your open closet units lends an inspiring, high-design effect that will have you giving as many walk-in walk-through tours as you can.
- Staging areas: are another big trend. “As social media becomes an increasingly present part of our style choices, staging areas need to not only function well for creating looks, but also must be beautifully designed to showcase new looks and share them across social channels,” said Lisa Adams of LA Closet Design in Los Angeles.